Skin treatments with microneedling can improve the look of your skin.
Micro-Needing Therapy is also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT), percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), or skin needling. No matter how you reference it, Micro-Needling is one of the most effective anti-aging treatments available on the market today. Altman Aesthetics is home to the latest procedures and non-invasive treatments which lead to desired results and most importantly you will feel and look your best!
Rosacea can benefit from microneedling treatments.
How Microneedling Works?
The ideal goal is to develop a younger appearance, smoother, tighter, overall healthier skin. Micro-needling naturally stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of collagen and elastin. There is also further benefits with wrinkle and scar reduction for almost all skin types.
Micro-needling device is used to break down old scar tissue and stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
Microneedling Before and After
- Micro-needling can significantly improve fine lines and wrinkles.
- Prevents premature skin aging by triggering collagen elastin growth
- Micro-needling is proven to improve or fade out scarring
- Breaks down stretch mark tissue and triggers collagen growth
- Reduces hyperpigmentation by shedding the top layer of the skin
- Minimizes the appearance of age spots
- Improves the appearance of rosacea
- Benefits acne by boosting the absorption and efficacy of topical acne products directly into the treated area
- Pore size reduction
Selected Areas for Microneedling
- Body (including fragile skin)
Micro-needling can even treat those highly sensitive areas like:
- Around the eyes
What To Expect During Treatment
The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, fine lines and wrinkles. For starters, through this process, your epidermis remains intact. This technique can even be repeated on the suited and appropriated regions safely due to its minimal invasiveness to the skin. The feeling associated with the procedure is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. It takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated. Micro-needling does not require extensive training or costly equipment. There are single-use systems as well as multiple-use devices both reasonable in price and session.
- Full effects may be reached after a few months.
- Over exposure to the sun should temporarily be avoided.
- During the first couple of days, it is recommended to protect tender skin
- May experience a redness, bruising or mild swelling for 24 – 48 hours.
- Within a week or two, you will notice stronger skin growth, smoothing out and a more radiant looking shine/luminous glow.
- There is no risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
At Altman Aesthetic Center, we use the MicroPen Elite by Eclipse for our Micro-needling treatments.